photo from the Missouri Division of Tourism
Activities: Remove trash from the shores of Table Rock Lake
Date: All weekend, April 4-6
Time: Any time you want!
Place: Various locations around Table Rock Lake
What to expect: We’ll give you a t-shirt, camping vouchers, food, a passport stamp and a BIG sense of accomplishment. Since 2001, volunteers have removed more than 179 tons of trash and 2,800 tires from the shores of Table Rock Lake!
This is a self-driven cleanup, so the rest is up to you! Gather friends, neighbors, and family to form a team. If you like your usual cleanup spot, you can keep it. Otherwise, Table Rock Lake Water Quality, Inc. will help you find a new area to clean up.
Pick up trash bags, gloves, water bottles, and snacks at the TRLWQ office at 2 Kissee Avenue in Kimberling City. Trash bags can also be picked up at the Dewey Short Visitor’s Center at the Table Rock Dam or at Central Crossing Marina in Shell Knob.
Upon completion of the cleanup, all participants can receive a free t-shirt and camping vouchers for the Table Rock campgrounds.
Please remember, no appliances or tires are allowed in the dumpsters; put these items alongside the dumpster to be picked up separately and recycled. Download a map of dumpsters here.
- Get a count of your expected team members so you know how many gloves and trash bags to pick up from TRLWQ’s offices.
- Use the trash tracking sheet when you’re finished to list your team’s t-shirt sizes, keep track of the area you choose to work, and record what trash you collect.
- It’s also recommended to wear close-toed shoes and bring a reusable water bottle.
- If you have a boat to use for the cleanup, use caution when reaching out, and wear a life jacket.
- Use the dumpster location map to know where to take the trash you’ve collected.
Pick up trash bags from the following locations (zoom out for more):
To get a passport stamp: Teams need to either A) write in the event on their passport and submit an activity report with their passport by December 1, 2014 for credit or B) submit an activity report any time after the event and request a stamp/sticker, which Stream Team will mail out. For more on the Passport Program, click here.
The WK Lews Shoreline Cleanup on Table Rock Lake is part of “25 Days of Stream Team” and counts as a stamp on your Stream Team passport. Click here for a flier on all 25th Anniversary events.